Washington DC is one of the most important cities in the country. It has a beautiful architecture with scenic landscapes and views galore. Let’s explore the must-go places in the capital, to make sure you don’t miss out on any of the amazing spots everyone is talking about!
1. Great Falls Park at the Potomac River is one of the most remarkable sceneries in the country and it is located in our metropolitan area. This park is well known by local residents, but it is close to being a place that only residents enjoy as it is very often overlooked by out of town-ers. Visitors can hike the trails on the river, which is guaranteed to be a great experience.
2. Visiting The Lincoln Memorial will shock you; the tremendously impressive structure can be seen from miles. The location could not be better! From the exaggerated steps, you can see the impressive reflecting pool, U.S. Capitol, and the WW II Memorial.
3. Washington, DC is full of notable memorials, such as the Jefferson Memorial. This memorial is decorated with cherry blossoms that when in season, provides the most beautiful views. Moreover, from the memorial, you can see one of the best views in the town of the White House.
4. The Washington Monument is the most imposing monuments in the city. It stands as the centerpiece of the National Mall. It offers its visitors the opportunity to reach the top of the monument, at a height of 5,125 inches, for enjoying the tremendously exciting panoramic view of the city.
5. Mount Vernon Trail was the home of America’s first president. Being at the shore of the Potomac River, it offers you a terrific scenic landmarks of Washington DC. This trail can be had via bikes, scooters, foot, or hop in paddle boat/kayak and enjoy the river.
6. The Arlington National Cemetery is located at the top of a hill it is the posthumous house of the American civil war hero, Robert E. Lee and his family. Approximately 200 acres of the land was the property of this family. Definitely a must see!
7. A new view in the city is POV at The W. It’s amazing views of the capital make this site a place of reference for top celebrities, socialites, and of course, politicians.
8. The US Marine Corps War Memorial depicts the scene of the flag being raised by the marines that signaled the event that led to the end of WWII. This memorial is located in Virginia, and is so popular that movies have been made to depict this moment. It is a special place to gather for the 4th of July.
9. The Capital Wheel provides one of the greatest views of the white house and the Capitol Building, the Arlington cemetery and it’s surrounding areas. Unquestionably, you must go enjoy this huge ferris wheel at The National Harbor.
10. The Washington National Cathedral is a beautiful demonstration of the English Gothic style, the architectural sculpture. It allows the visitors to visit its highest point, with a magnificent view of the city.